Saturday, September 29, 2007


Sufism Against Zionism:

Letter of Sultan Abdal Hamid Khan II
To His Sufic Teacher Before Fall of Khalifate:

This message of Abdul-Hamid Khan, the last Sultan (d.1924)

having real power over the Ottoman Empire, was written in the times when the Sufi knowledge was so authoritative that each Islamic Ruler/Sultan/Governor and most of his subjects had their own Murshid (Spiritual Teacher). Unfortunately today not only the rulers, but also a great part of the Muslims, do not even know that it is the duty of every Muslim to follow the Sufi Sheikhs, according to the words of the great Imam Al-Ghazali.

Her is its text:

In the name of Allah the Compassionate, the Merciful! Let Allah, the God of the Worlds, be praised. Let there be peace and blessings upon the Prophet Mohammad, Messenger of Allah , Lord of All the Worlds.

I address the respected Sheikh of the Shazali Tariqat Mohammad Efendi Abu Shamat, the healer of the souls and the flasher of the hearts, the outstanding man of his times. After the greetings I want to say that I got your message of this May 22 and I thank Allah that you are in good health.

My lord, God being my helper, I devote days and nights to reciting wirds and I ask to always remember me in Your prayers. Let me share with You, and with lucid-minded people, my worries in respect of one very important question:

I left the post of the ruler of Caliphate only because of the obstacles and threats on the side of people who call them "Young Turks". "The Committee of Unity and Progress" (Ataturk was one of its leaders, the comment of the translator) obsessively insist on my agreement to form a national Jewish state in the sacred land of Palestine. But in spite of their obstinacy I strongly refused them. In the end they offered me 150 mln English pounds in gold, but again I refused and said the following to them.

" If you offer me all the gold of the world adding it to your 150 man, I won´t agree to give you the land. I have served the Islam and the ummah of Mohammad, peace and blessings be upon him, for more than 30 years, and I won´t cloud the Islamic history, the history of my fathers and grand fathers Ottoman sultans and caliphs".

After my definite refusal they decided to remove me from power, and after that they told me that they would transport me to Salonika and I had to resign. I praise my benefactor who didn´t let me bring shame on the Ottoman state and the Islamic world. I want to stop at this. I praise the Almighty once again and finish my letter.

I kiss your noble hands (my Sheikh) and hope that you won´t refuse my respect for you.

Greet all our brothers and friends, oh, my Excellent Teacher. Forgive me for such a long letter but I wanted you to be informed.
Peace, blessings and mercy of Allah upon You.

Verger of the Believers,

Abdul-Hamid ibn Abdul-Majid.
29 Ramadan 1329.
September 22 1911.

The Resume of the Letter :

- The Sufi sheikhs are not only teachers on the way of spiritual perfection, but also in usual daily life of the Muslims. And Sheikh Mohammad Abu Shamat (of Shadzili-Darqawi Tariqa) , who worried about the wealth of the Muslims no less than about the matters of the Almighty worshipping, which proves the inseparability of religion and the state in the Ottoman Caliphate, is an example of such behavior.

- The West trying to speed up the process of the Ottoman Islamic statehood began to form in its center an extremely aggressive Zionist state. At the same time the colonizers pursued a policy of division of the former Caliphate territories between local leaders who began to build their own authoritarian regimes afterwards. As a result Middle East remains the center of instability and political contradictions.

- The Zionist plan to occupy Palestine and to reinforce their influence was realized by making Ottoman Caliphate weak. The bribery of high-ranking officials and even state leaders is one of the Zionist methods.

- In his letter sultan Abdul-Hamid refused to cahoots with the Jews in order "not to cloud the Islamic history". But today we can see that many politicians have done the contrary by agreeing to partition Palestine.

1 comment:

Habib Matthieu said...

Salam alaikoum dear brother ; I just discover your blog , it is a beautiful one and this post is really good masha'Alah ...

Habib Matthieu