Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Post Andalucian Notes


Discourse at Granada Moussem, Spain




From the beginning men (sages) has spoken
about this difficult matter (of Tao/Dharma/Way)
in term of being :

Blown out like a flame,
being pulverized like a mountain,
or being blown away like a cloud..

and all have agreed that this recognition
is based on your Non-Existence !

People say, " Ah, when I listen to Mozart "
And some very exalted people say that when they
listen to Bach - " I feel this Oneness that
the mystics talk about".

But if you experience anything then there are two, so where
then is Unity , where is the Oneness of Allah (Tawhid or Fana) ?
Ibnu Arabi has written much about this phrase :

"Everything perish except the Face of Allah".
And He is the Going-On (al-Baqiu)
Oh Lord of Majesty and Generous Gifts

In America , people often wolud say to me,
" I know what you are talking about.
I am mountain climber and I climb up the great
heights in the Rockies and I look at the horizon
and I am ANNIHILATED.

I feel I am NOTHING before this
greatness of the DIVINE."

They never leave the realm of the SENSORY and so they
do not enter into the realm of MEANINGS.

The modern men say, " I want spiritual knowledge". In other words, I am not interested in this outwardness, I want inward knowledge but I am not interested in all these religions. These all are forms, and I want the essence". And because they have not got a Path of Teaching, these people (psedo-sufis/modernists) end up in terrible disaster. Modern man is in the marshes! What a mess.

Someone said to one of the great shaykhs of the Darqawi tariqa,

" Tell me the greatest Name of Allah". And he said,
" Show me the least thing in the whole universe,
and i will show you the Greatest Name of Allah".

(Note : to practice the calling of Ismul Azim in khalwa
the seekers need special idhin, guidance and protection
in secluded place. Its experience may shatters one unprepared self.
Re-entering the sensory realms from the homeland of meanings
of the spirit is beyond this discourse. Get it from the arifun )

No comments: