Sunday, May 06, 2007

Marhaban and Maryah From Turkey


Just like to say marhaban to Muslima and

Maryah hailed from the blessed land of Turkey :

To begin with when I was fortunate and amply blessed by Allah to perform hajji in 2004 to met a lot of turkish muslims there in Makkah and Madinah. Here are they as listed from my little memory :

Sidi Orhan and Abdal Jalil whom guide me to visit tomb

of late Sheikh Sami Mahmud Effendi in Baqi sanctuary in Madinah

Sidi Abu Bakr Rifaii of Istanbul

Two Turkish hajj at Masjdil haram that gave me a copy of Dalailul Khayrat
and we parted with kisses and warm embraces after Fajr prayer.

Sidi Vahid Bayrak of Madina aged over 70 years at Masjid Nabawi

Sidi Mustafa Sozen and wife who invited me to partake their food

in Masjidil haram and later gave me the copy of Nursi prayers book.


And last, I had to admit secretly that I am a longtime lover and poet apprentice of Maulana Jalaludin Rumi of Konya. His poems and Mathnawi almost dance and rains in my endless seeker encounters. Last month I bought a book by Sefik Can on Rumi, what an illuminating soul he was and helping others to understand and guided by Rumi almost 700 years ago.

Anyway, who is this stranger abuzuhri of malaysia dambling in deep Turkish territory and picking walnuts along with Yunus Emre. Actually twenty years ago I already fall in love with Badeeuzaman said Nursi and all the great Ottoman sultans and ulama awliya than defended Islam from western kuffar dark forces for more 300 years.

May Allah always protect and keep the great generous people and land of

Turkey with pure living and unfolding of islam.


No comments: